Making your baby eat well can be one of the most challenging tasks of every parent. It is always challenging to make them feel good and not to spill food or drink on the table. To avoid all that there is the best high chair for baby, which will allow you to seat your child safely at the dinner table.
These high chairs have excellent features that make them convenient and versatile, as they have seats with adjustable height, secure latches and straps, durable and resistant harnesses, comfortable and soft seats and soft edges without sharp edges or textures that can harm your little one.
In turn, these comfortable chairs can adapt to the growth of your baby and can even be folded for you to take them on a trip.
What is the best high chair for baby?
Choosing products for your baby is never a quick task. You always have to take into account many aspects to ensure your comfort and safety, but it is also essential that you do not forget that your toddler’s dining chair should be comfortable and easy to use for you too.
For this we bring you a similar list with the best 5 in the market, so you can buy and the one that best suits you and your baby.
You may aslo read:
All users prefer it
It is not the most economical, but it has excellent characteristics that make it a comfortable chair for children up to 3 years of age.
You can use it as a lounger until six months and even comes with a reducer cushion that guarantees the comfort of the baby. At the same time, it includes a removable game bar that stimulates the child and its early development.
It is adjustable in six different heights to adapt to various situations and table sizes and has a practical, removable and washable tray.
From 6 to 12 months it can be used as a highchair and has a reclining backrest of up to 3 positions to adapt to each child. In turn, it is compact, foldable and portable.
Excellent quality and convenience
It is a model for girls and boys made with aluminum chassis of good quality and strength and a lower mesh storage basket to carry toys and baby accessories while eating.
It allows seven positions with adjustable backrest height and inclination. You can tilt the backrest with one hand and take it to the rest area and use your removable mobile bow to stimulate your baby or help him to sleep.
It is an excellent highchair with soft and comfortable materials for the baby, but with convenient functions so that parents can feed their babies more easily.
In turn, as the baby grows, you can use the footrests and adapters for larger children.
The most luxurious and complete
If you are looking for not only a comfortable, safe and adjustable model for your little one to be calm and happy, but one that also guarantees your comfort and is practical and convenient in every way, this is the ideal.
It is a multifunctional model of the Peg Perego brand that adapts to the growth of each boy or girl since it can be used as a relaxing seesaw in newborns, as a high chair for food from 6 months and to play and relax at an older age.
Their robust legs and broad base draw attention, which provides excellent stability. The wheels have the Stop & Go braking system with two manual controls to adjust the lock and move the chair in any direction or stop it.
The height is adjustable in 9 surprising different levels; it has reclining backrest in 4 positions, adjustable footrest and crotch post.
The best price-value ratio
If you are looking for a luxury model at the best price, this beautiful, resistant and comfortable chair is just what you need. It is affordable for everything that is and offers.
It comes in several colors so you can choose the one you like best for your baby and it has an adjustable height in 4 different positions and a reclining back to move from food to nap in an instant.
Its seat is ergonomic and comfortable to wash, as it has removable padding with stain-repellent fabric. It also has excellent security thanks to its 5-point harness and crotch post under the tray.
The tray is adjustable in two positions and can be washed in the dishwasher. At the same time, it is a folding model that is easily stored and has wheels for a smooth and silent movement.
If you want a chair that your children can keep since they are little newborn babies until the rest of their lives, this model is perfect.
The first thing that strikes you is its style and design, which looks more like a designer piece of furniture than anything else since it is so convenient that it is made to fit any height and support adult weights while decorating with style any space of your home.
You can adjust a baby chair for newborns or support for children between 6 months and three years. The system comes with seat and footrest adjustable in height and depth.
Thanks to this chair you will be able to place your child at the correct height for the table, he will be sitting comfortably and ergonomically and will have a durable chair that can stand many years of use. Remember that it has no fixed tray and has a 7-year warranty.
You may aslo read:
Types of high chairs
The convenient baby high chairs come in several styles depending on the use that can be given and the features and benefits they offer. Consider if you only want a chair to use from time to time and not to transport or carry on your trips, or if, on the contrary, you want a convertible chair that you can take to many places and that also suits your child as you grow up :
● Traditional: this category includes basic models and even upper class. They are designed for home use, are not portable or travel, but are not portable either. The simplest models are good secondary highchairs to use in the grandparents’ house, for example.
They stand out for having a more significant but thin appearance, with fabrics or high-quality designs and excellent capacities adjustable to the needs of the boy or girl. There are many models with varied materials and functions in this type of chairs.
However, they are not always the most comfortable, but they can be just as durable as the least affordable. Be careful with your legs wide open, because they can trip and fall.
● Multipurpose / Modular: are chairs that have a base, seat and a tray. If you need it, you can lift the seat and remove it from the unit with or without the plate, but place it on the adults’ table if you need a seat lifter. As your child grows, you can remove the plate and bring the seat to your table, so they are multifunction.
In turn, in these chairs, you can seat up to two children: one at the base and one on the seat. Note that some models have non-collapsible bases.
● Chairs “grow with me”: they are convertible chairs usually made of wood that become chairs for babies or children of 3 to 5 years. Some models can even withstand about 70 kg, so they are more durable.
They are suitable chairs for various stages of life and have a style of furniture that decorates any space in the house very well. Keep in mind that you use an Allen key to adjust the seat and that you will have to carry it with you at all times.
Important factors to consider when buying a high chair
Our babies need to be always comfortable and happy, but still being safe. So that you, as mother or father, can guarantee all this, it is crucial that you consider the following factors before buying a highchair for your baby:
● Safety first: you don’t want anything wrong to happen to your little one. You will want to avoid falls, accidental slips, cuts or blows. So, look for chairs with harness, lockable casters, groin post and more:
* Open and close the harness: make sure you can use the harness easily so that you do not desist from using it every time your child eats, as it is essential. But it must be difficult for your baby. Look for a model with a 5 point s harness or, in its absence, at least 3 points. Those of 5 is better because they prevent the child from standing and leaning on the seat so that they do not fall or knock over the chair.
* Try the tray: it has to be easy for you to adjust and remove the plate, but not for babies. The latches should never be readily accessible to them.
* Check if there is a crotch post: the high chairs must have a fixed position in the openings. At all times look for a model with a job in the crotch part.
* Check the seat cover: it is essential that it be durable and of good quality. It should feel thick and full, not weak. Also, make sure that the seams do not damage your baby’s legs and that they are easy to wash or can be put in
If you have many decorative seams or borders, it will be more complicated to remove the seat. In turn, keep in mind that rubber or foam seats are more comfortable to clean & look more modern.
* Make sure you can block the wheels: look for a model with wheels that immobilize me when holding the weight of the baby and do not move accidentally.
* Check for sharp or hard edges: check the bottom of the tray or the sides of the area around the seat, as well as the back and armrests. Make sure the chair has nothing sharp or holes or spaces that can catch your baby’s fingers & hurt him.
* Check if there are small parts: make sure that the caps or tube and screw protectors are tight and do not come off. As well as any sticker or decal. You should also look for any belt or security system to be, and there should not be any small loose parts that represent a choking hazard.
● Try folding it: before taking a chair to your home, check if it can be folded easily. Some folding models aren’t so easy to bend & keep in mind that they can even be the same size when you wrap them.
Make sure to test the folding mechanism of your chair in the store before buying.
● Shake the chair: every baby will move on the chair & you’ll also run it regularly from one space to another. In doing so, the chair must feel resistant and durable, of good quality.
Look for a chair with a broad base that gives it more support & stability.
● Style and design: from conventional to contemporary, chairs can improve your home decorations. There are chairs with adjustable trays and washable parts in the dishwasher, others that are tilted so you can feed your baby with a bottle more easily.
Having a high-chair that adjusts in height while the child grows is also a significant advantage, as well as being able to lower it so that it is at the height of your chair while feeding the child. Other chairs become lifters when your child is ready to sit at the adult table.
● Certified is better: look for a model with ASTM certification, which is an association responsible for placing the standard safety measures that all trona must have to be reliable.
● Assembly & returns: no matter how hard you try it in the store, sometimes the chair isn’t suitable for your baby once you try it on. In any case, be sure to keep your invoice and have it in hand in case you need to request a return.
In turn, some chairs require assembly and may have more parts than you expected or be difficult to assemble. If you are not very apt with tools, it is best to buy an assembled one.
● Think twice before buying second hand: never accept or buy a used chair. If you do, make sure you have the brand and model label so you can check on the internet if it has been recalled due to reliability failures or problems keeping children safe.