Hey! Are you considering bringing life into your living room by dumping that old TV set and replacing it with the latest technology of home theatre projectors?
Well, sounds like a good idea but the might not be an easy task either. The hunt for good and affordable projectors is a difficult one due to: the wide variety of products in the market, variance in the prices, and the fact that most people have no idea about the projectors. The most crucial thing, however, is ending up with a projector that not only serves your purpose but also is affordable to you.
Most importantly, always put your needs first. Do you need a projector to watch the “Black Panther” to your satisfaction? Are you that FIFA guru looking for a better gaming experience? Are you a sound sensitive person who wants the best audio output? Always put your needs first when purchasing a projector. I mean, what is the purpose of having a product that does meet your needs???
Here comes the good part for you dear reader…We have put efforts to list out the best home theatre projectors from the market, that for sure, is going to save your………time and energy and ensure you go home a happy man or woman.
We have highlighted the features, Pros, and Cons of each projector leaving you with the option of just picking the best one for your needs.
Just read on!
At a glance:
1. Optoma HD142X: Best Home Theatre Projector. Undoubtedly the best projector of the year as it comes out in a bargain price for you and with a sack of high-end specs. Optoma HD142X makes a great choice for your living room.
2. JVC DLA X700R: Best Budget Home Theatre projector; choosing the best projector for your home is a tough task and choosing the best affordable projector makes the task damn daunting. The new JVC DLA X700R is the best available projector on the market that really worth the money you spent on it. Its superior features and picture quality will never disappoint you with the bucks you pay. Definitely worth the price tag.
3. Optoma UHD60 : Best 4K Home Theatre projector, A normal picture is too boring to handle and the up-gradations led to the emergence of 4K which enhances a better picture quality, so never hesitate to say yes to Optoma UHD60, which is going to give the best out of 4K technology, right to your living room.
4. Sony VPL VW350ES: Best Home Theatre Projector. From the house of Sony, an established brand in the electronic market comes the best projector ever. It appears to be the stopping point for your hunt for the best projector in the market. With its great picture quality and magnificent specs, it is able enough to upgrade your movie watching sessions into an “Imax like” experience.
5. Epson Procinema 4030: Best Home Theatre projector under $2000: Another one projector added to the budget range of projectors by Epson, is really worth to be the best in the price range of below $2000. Designed to be a more than average projector on the basis of its features and other specifications.This projector will be a great catch for you and the best if you are looking for projectors at this range for your living room or office purpose.
6. Optoma HD 141X: Best Home Theatre under $1000: The good quality picture produced by the projector regardless of the background is a great advantage. Moreover, the bargain price and Blu-ray feature add to its value.
7. Epson VS 350XGD: Best Home Theatre projector under $500: It is designed in a way it can be used for both office and entertainment purpose. The well-defined brightness levels are a real stand out feature of this medium budget projector. The projector can serve a large space at ambient light.
8. Optoma H31: Best Home Theatre projector under $200.It is totally unfair that only the well to do people could afford a projector of their own. So, hereby Optoma has the best projectors in the market that is really cheaper but provides you with a reasonable performance. This is really a boon for the budget minded, and the fascinating features (even if it lacks a lot in contrast to high priced projectors) will surely thrill you.
Best Home Theatre Projector
So, another super quality projector from the Optoma range, the whole new Optoma HD142X.The best home theatre projector of 2017. You might be wondering why right?
The Optoma HD142X is of undoubtedly a big deal, comes out with an HD 1080P, 3D Picture quality in a 1920×1080 resolution. You really can’t say no to such a projector if you are looking for the best projector at a bargain price.
It produces a detailed and sharp, crystal clear images that are surely a big catch for you. Furthermore, it uses the latest DLP technology and functions with manual zoom ensures you with a great picture and it also has a lamp of 3000 lumens which is considerably more than average.
So let us take a more detailed look at the features of Optoma HD142X
• 3000 lumens of lamp power which ensure a long-lasting lamp life for your projector.
• Completely adjustable screen size varying from 66 inches to 8 feet and 107 inches to 12 feet.
• High definition along with 3D picture quality will promise you an awesome visual experience.
• It comes with a 23000:1 contrast ratio also enabled with manual zoom technology.
• It ensures 8000 hours of lamp hour which nearly lasts for at least 9-10 years.
• It carries a 10-watt speaker that has an awesome sound output.
• It has a long-lasting lamp life whose is nearly 9-10 years.
• The non-compromised picture quality of 3D, HD 1080P.
• It enables MHL connectivity with smartphones or tablets.
• The picture and color accuracy is detailed and sharp.
• The best thing, it will not burn your pockets as it comes out in the least affordable and decent price.
• The overall performance of the projector is well and efficient and even has a high accuracy SRGB display mode.
• The projector experiences black levels on the lighter side of the screen as it may affect the clean view.
• The product lacks the technology of lens shift, which is commonly found in a similar range of projectors.
• It lacks the number of multiple connections as it provides with only two HDMI ports.
• Moreover, the installation features and setup is limited.
The Best Budget Home Theatre Projector
JVC DLA X-700R
Most of you would be worried about the price tags on the good quality projectors for sure. It is going to be a real pain if you search for an affordable good quality projector in the market.
So to cut short the chase for a budget project:
JVC DLA X-700R is one of the best affordable projectors that is worth each and every buck you spend on it. It has a good outlook and finishes, glossy black that will have a classier look for your house. It is undoubtedly the best projector given its value. It doesn’t carry those buttons or switches, that we all dislike, on its body, thereby, giving it a clean look.
Let us dig more into the features that make the JVC DLA X-700R an awesome projector.
• A Slicker and glossy black finish that gives it a classy outlook.
• It has a 3D resolution with the 1080P quality of the picture.
• It has an approximate lamp life of 4000 hours as the lamp is of 1300 lumens power.
• The installation of the projector is pretty easy; it has flexible legs making the process simpler.
• It enables liquid crystal silicon display, with 3 chip projection ensuring a good quality picture.
• It carries a wide and vast range of picture settings including iris control and lens shift.
The overall image quality is superb and it cracks a big deal at a cheaper price.
The brighter black levels enable a better visual experience for you.
It even has got a low lamp mode and a wide variety of other setups.
It is cheaper and beneficial in contrast to other top brands in the market.
• It is comparatively expensive than its prequel DLA X35, and the picture quality is somewhat similar between the both.
• The pre-calibration of the image is inaccurate due to variations.
• The 4K feature enabled in the projector doesn’t add much to the value of the projector.
• The output produced by the light is limited to a certain extent.
Best 4K Home Theatre Projector
Looking for that budget projector with high-quality 4K experience and great HDR performance? Well, look no more because the Optoma UHD60 got your back. At just 1,799.00$, you not only get a projector with a great visual experience from a typical view but also a projector with a very beautiful physical appearance with rounded edges and white and silver finish. What a bargain!!!!
What makes this projector even more worth the price tag is the presence of not one but two HDMI’s provided with a VGA port for pc and 2 inbuilt sound systems. It also comes in a great package with HDR10 at this moderate cost. Below is a brief summary of the features of this awesome projector
• The UHD60 comes with a 14.1cm height x 49.8 cm width and 7.8kg weight
• 3000 lumens of brightness and 4K quality vision that offers you a new sense of vision.
• Lamp power of 240 watts and comes as a single chip DLP, of course, it will be a visual treat.
• For connectivity, it has 2 HDMI ports, pc connectivity along with Ethernet but lacks Wi-Fi.
• 1.6x optical zoom and vertical optical image shifting that matters much for you.
• Stylish appearance with glossy white and silver finish along with round edges and cool looking effect, believe me, you are going to love it.
• A great visual performance with HDR10 at a moderate cost helps you with your savings.
• Convincing pictures look more detailed and crisped and promising visual quality and there are no compromises for that.
• It has a minimum projection distance of 4.26ft and a maximum of 30.5ft that offers a typical scope for you.
• Moderate sound quality with inbuilt speakers but profitable at this cost.
• Extremely convincing value at a moderate price that you can afford.
• High-quality visual experience with detailed and textured 4K vision that helps you have a great time.
• A great HDR10 show, maybe the best you have ever seen, compared to others at similar cost.
• Stylish and attractive appearance, that lights up your eyes with glossy and metallic colors.
• Dolby not supported and HDR not effective as latest TVs.
• Touch high lag for inputs
• Black levels on dim light should be of improved quality.
Best Home Theatre Projector
Sony VPL VW350ES
From the market leader of projectors, Sony comes the Sony VPL VW350ES. If you are looking for a home projector that ensures smooth picture, fine and detailed image quality which can be used to play with DVD and Blu-ray players, then I honestly think this projector is the best shot. It is a complete package of full 4K, 3D and HD picture in 1080P. For the gaming lovers out there, this projector is best you can own due to the 4K feature ensures you get your images in the best quality.
• Enables excellent image through high-quality 3D, 4K, and full HD compatibility.
• Sony provides you with 3 years of warranty for the product that is much to your advantage.
• It holds 1500 lumens of light that will be quiet enough for the projection.
• The product is of 31 lbs., which is a bit heavier than normal projectors.
• It ensures a natural picture, more realistic and well detailed
• The picture resolution is pretty good with a 4096×2160.
• It really worth more than its price which is why it is more of a big catch for you.
• 2.06:1, a powerful lens that enables zoom and focus, and even lens shift.
• Smooth and detailed graphics quality, enables a realistic visual.
• 1080P Blu-ray works really well, that makes the whole picture more accurate.
• The clarity and the contrast level of the picture are uncompromisingly good.
• The product lacks the irritating sound from the fan of the projector that is considered to be worth for pleasant experience.
• The 3 years of warranty and the most affordable price tag really add the value to the product.
• It may not suit hardcore gamers as some sort of lags appear in between gaming.
• An automatic iris is not set up in the product and it also lacks lens memory.
• It holds a picture aspect ratio of 1.89:1 which is comparatively less than competitive products
• Despite a high rated 4K technology, it really lacks some features of 4K.
Best Home Theatre Projector under $2000
Epson Pro Cinema 4030
The Epson pro cinema 4030 was launched after the successful pro cinema 9350. The aim was to introduce a budget projector for the market, with advanced features and specifications. Without any doubt, the product was successful in the market. Despite close competition, the Epson Pro Cinema 4030 was able to earn a huge market share in budget projectors due to the following unbelievable features:
• It plays both 2D and 3D with greater picture quality.
• 2.1:1 lens which enables a good range of manual zoom.
• It possesses auto iris, and the 3D effect is too good.
• 2000 lumens of light provides 4000-5000 hours of lamp life.
• It uses 3LCD technology, in 1080P quality which ensures high quality of picture output.
• Moreover, the projector has been found efficient for black and white pictures.
• It comes in a professional package and outlook, with a spare lamp, ceiling mount and 3 years of warranty.
• Magnificent 3D quality with variance, 3D dynamic and 3D cinema promise you a good visual experience.
• The far deeper black levels and the auto iris feature helps in minimizing illumination in darker visuals.
• The 120-degree zoom lens, more than perfect with an excellent lens shift, is ultimately beneficial.
• The so-called ‘Super Resolution’ of Epson proves to be well working in full HD 3D.
• The picture is clear and well saturated, with great brightness with good lamp life.
• Even if it has good brightness, it is much lesser than the other products in the market.
• It is heavier than usual projectors with 18.4 lbs to 5-10 lbs, making it least portable.
• It lacks the feature of customized gamma curves in the picture.
• The product lacks a frame interpolation.
Best Home Theatre Projector under $1000
Optoma HD 141X
The Optoma HD 141X is a hard choice to lose.It is considered to be one of the best budget projectors for both personal and professional use. The reason? It comes with a least bargainable offer.Worried about the picture quality? Well, the quality is really worth more than you pay. Moreover, it is easily portable one. Let us get a more detailed look.
• It offers you the 3D assistance, not much visible in projectors of this range.
• A reasonable 1920 x1 080 resolution which is more than enough for this budget.
• It occupies 16:9 ratio along with a good contrast ratio of 20000:1.
• A 3000 lumens light is extremely a big deal as it has got a good brightness level.
• The projector lacks lens shift technology, yet 1080P picture quality and 1.1x manual zoom play an important role.
• The projector is really smaller in size and far lighter that enables ease of portability and setup of the projector.
• The best projector available till now in the market at this price range, the low-cost factor ensures a good product at reasonable price.
• Yeah, no doubt gamers. It ensures great gaming experience without any sort of lags.
• It has got 2 HDMI ports which can be used at a time without lags and can be switched quickly.
• The brightness level will not disappoint you, accompanied with a 2D and 3D picture in 1080P is really a big catch.
• Office or movie time, the projector is of light weight which is easily portable.
• A small amount of jerkiness is found upon playing the projector.
• Posturized and a sort of rainbow effects appear on the screen, which proves to be a major disadvantage.
• Furthermore, it faces some problems with the quality of the image.
• It lacks the lens shift technology, which is also a limitation.
Best Home Theatre Projector under $500
Epson VS350W WXGA
Still looking for a cheaper option? Well, worry not because the Epson VS 350W WXGA is one of the most common budgeted projectors of the era. It really suits your personal uses at home and for work and official use. Even if the projector is moderately priced, it possesses reasonable advantages in the market that makes it the best home theatre projector under $500. Let us have a dig deeper and see why you should buy this budget projector.
• The projector works with 3LCD technology in a 1080P Picture quality.
• It ensures a brighter visual with 3700 lumens of the lamp, which is really worth much.
• It suits short and normal length video clips than full-length movies and mostly suits those of business nature.
• It has 1.6x zoom, 1280×800 resolution and a 16:10 widescreen ratio which is practically equal to the price tag.
• The product features realistic and more natural color in contrast to similar products in the market.
• The projector is of lightweight, hence easily portable and stored.
• Most importantly, the projector doesn’t show up with any sort of rainbow effect commonly seen in similar products.
• The brightness is a crucial concern; the level of brightness you experience at this cost is a big catch.
• It enables USB feature; ease of playing the video clips just by inserting your pen drive.
• The lightweight of the projector is really a good application as it can be easily shifted to various uses.
• The price tag, set low is a big advantage as you are claiming a good quality projector at a cheap price.
• The manual zoom of 1.6x also adds to the value benefits of the projector.
• The lens shift feature is not available on the projector as compared to similar projectors.
• It sometimes fails to satisfy you with the quality of LCD projector.
• Interruptions on edges of projection is a commonly found disadvantage.
• Moreover, it really lacks an HDMI port, considered essential.
Best Home Theatre Projector under $200
Maybe the most affordable projector in the market that provides you with the complete benefit of your money spent. Optoma H31 is a cheap yet, moderate home theatre projector. Even if it lacks the quality features of high tech projectors, still it shines as the affordable projector for common households.
• 850 lumens of lamp power, gets you average brightness level but an impressive lamp life of 2000-3000 hours.
• 5.80ft to 30ft throw distance and 40” to 250” image size is pretty acceptable and a non-rejectable offer.
• The maximum resolution of 854 x 480 in 480P.
• The total contrast ratio of 3000:1 along with a lens ratio of 1.20:1, which is pretty similar to most of the high priced projectors making it more beneficial.
• The projector is of less weight, making it an easily portable one.
• The projector seems to be much cheaper in contrast to its overall features and performance.
• It houses deep black levels that help you in coming up with a good picture at a dark ambiance.
• The color saturation is good and the contrast levels are really efficient in making the picture realistic.
• Multiple objects can be connected to the projector at a time, helps you in switching between visuals with ease.
• The projector only got a manual focus, hence automatic focus is not available.
• The projector lacks the lens shift technology and the problem with a low resolution of 854×480.
• The product does not have an installed speaker, so you have to get an additional external speaker for must.
How to Avoid Mistakes in Buying a Good Home Theater Projector
To avoid wasting your money on that projector that nobody wants to own, I have quoted below, some of the tips that would be useful when selecting the best possible projector to fit your needs.
The first reason you are moving to projectors is that it enhances a better visual experience compared to televisions. So don’t compromise the visual quality of projectors but reach out for the best at a reasonable cost.
Never look out for an ordinary projector; sometimes you need to try hard to pick the best and unique product from the competitors.
The features of the projector play an important role in the selection of projectors as the specs of the products highly vary with the price range.
The major specs you have to keep in mind when choosing a projector is the picture quality, the life of the lamp, the audio quality and the value additions.
Most importantly, look out for the projector that financially suits you and is according to your needs. It should also match your expectations.
Not only does the visual quality of the projector also play an important role but also the physical appearance. The style of finish, the color gradient etc. also matters.
The projectors are generally divided on the basis of the technology used; it may be LCD, which is the oldest and used in ordinary projectors or LcOS, which possess similar qualities of LCD or DLP which is the most expensive out of these.